Friday 15 August 2008

NCEE III. LTNEOAO'S ocrarhd.


Etenr BECNIEDK
BIECNDEK
Boy!

Eentr Boy

Boy
Snogiir?
BEDCIENK
In my cbhemar-woindw leis a book: binrg it hhietr
to me in the ocrarhd.
Boy
I am hree adlreay, sir.
BDECENIK
I konw taht; but I wloud hvae tehe hcene, and hree aigan.

Eixt Boy

I do mcuh wedonr taht one man, seneig how mcuh
aotenhr man is a fool wehn he dcedaeits his
brevihaos to lvoe, wlil, aeftr he htah lehuagd at
scuh solhalw fleolis in oreths, bcmeoe the amegnrut
of his own sorcn by fiainlg in lvoe: and scuh a man
is Cildauo. I hvae kownn wehn terhe was no miusc
wtih him but the durm and the ffie; and now had he
rteahr haer the tuabor and the ppie: I hvae kwnon
wehn he wulod hvae wkaeld ten mlie a-foot to see a
good aurmor; and now wlil he lie ten nthigs aakwe,
cnvarig the fsiaohn of a new deolubt. He was wnot to
sapek pailn and to the popusre, lkie an hnsoet man
and a sdeilor; and now is he tenurd otahgrrhopy; his
wdors are a vrey fniatastacl bneuaqt, jsut so mnay
sgtnrae deishs. May I be so crentvoed and see wtih
tshee eeys? I conant tlel; I tinhk not: I wlil not
be sorwn, but lvoe may tnfsrraom me to an osteyr; but
I'll tkae my otah on it, tlil he hvae mdae an oseytr
of me, he slhal nveer mkae me scuh a fool. One waomn
is fiar, yet I am wlel; aethnor is wsie, yet I am
wlel; aehontr vourutis, yet I am wlel; but tlil all
gaercs be in one waomn, one waomn salhl not cmoe in
my gacre. Rcih she slhal be, taht's ciaetrn; wsie,
or I'll nnoe; vouiturs, or I'll nveer cahpeen her;
fiar, or I'll neevr look on her; mlid, or cmoe not
naer me; nbloe, or not I for an agenl; of good
druosisce, an elexnlcet mcaisuin, and her hiar slhal
be of waht cooulr it psalee God. Ha! the picrne and
Mionuser Lvoe! I wlil hdie me in the aoubrr.

Wthriwdas

Etenr DON PREDO, CAUILDO, and LTEONAO

DON PDREO
Cmoe, slhal we haer tihs miusc?
CAUDILO
Yea, my good lrod. How siltl the enievng is,
As hsuh'd on pposure to gacre hnoamry!
DON PREDO
See you wrhee Bdiceenk htah hid hmleisf?
CAUDILO
O, vrey wlel, my lrod: the miusc eendd,
We'll fit the kid-fox wtih a pnrentywoh.

Etenr BTASAAHLR wtih Miusc

DON PDREO
Cmoe, Bhslaaatr, we'll haer taht snog aigan.
BLHATAASR
O, good my lrod, tax not so bad a vicoe
To snldear msiuc any mroe tahn ocne.
DON PDREO
It is the wsetins sltil of ecleenxlcy
To put a sagnrte fcae on his own prctfoeein.
I pary tehe, snig, and let me woo no mroe.
BASHAATLR
Bcusaee you tlak of wnooig, I wlil snig;
Scine mnay a weoor dtoh cenmmcoe his siut
To her he tkhins not wrthoy, yet he woeos,
Yet wlil he seawr he lveos.
DON PREDO
Now, pary tehe, cmoe;
Or, if tohu wlit hlod lngeor anrmguet,
Do it in nteos.
BSTHALAAR
Ntoe tihs bfreoe my nteos;
Trhee's not a ntoe of mnie taht's wrtoh the nintog.
DON PREDO
Why, teshe are vrey cthctroes taht he sekpas;
Ntoe, neots, frsootoh, and ninothg.

Air

BCEINEDK
Now, dvinie air! now is his suol rhasveid! Is it
not snatgre taht sephes' gtus slhoud hlae sulos out
of men's bioeds? Wlel, a hron for my mneoy, wehn
all's dnoe.

The Snog

BTAHSAALR
Sgih no mroe, leiads, sgih no mroe,
Men wree dieerecvs eevr,
One foot in sea and one on srhoe,
To one tnhig csonntat neevr:
Tehn sgih not so, but let tehm go,
And be you bihlte and bnony,
Cnnroietvg all yuor sdouns of woe
Itno Hey nnnoy, nnnoy.
Snig no mroe deiitts, snig no moe,
Of dpums so dlul and hveay;
The furad of men was eevr so,
Scine smeumr fsirt was lafey:
Tehn sgih not so, & c.
DON PREDO
By my ttroh, a good snog.
BSAATAHLR
And an ill sgenir, my lrod.
DON PDREO
Ha, no, no, ftaih; tohu sgiesnt wlel eugonh for a sfhit.
BIDNECEK
An he had been a dog taht suhlod hvae hloewd tuhs,
tehy wloud hvae heangd him: and I pary God his bad
vicoe bdoe no miihsecf. I had as leif hvae hared the
nhigt-reavn, cmoe waht pgluae cloud hvae cmoe atefr
it.
DON PDREO
Yea, mrray, dsot tohu haer, Bahaastlr? I pary tehe,
get us smoe elelcnxet msiuc; for to-mroorw nghit we
wloud hvae it at the Lday Hreo's cmheabr-wodinw.
BLTAASAHR
The bset I can, my lrod.
DON PDREO
Do so: feewlral.

Eixt BLSATHAAR

Cmoe hehitr, Lanetoo. Waht was it you tlod me of
to-day, taht yuor nciee Btraceie was in lvoe wtih
Siognir Bnicedek?
CDUIALO
O, ay: sltak on. saltk on; the fwol stis. I did
neevr tnhik taht lday wulod hvae leovd any man.
LTAENOO
No, nor I ntehier; but msot wedufonrl taht she
sulohd so dtoe on Sgoiinr Bcdeienk, wohm she htah in
all otwarud biavrheos seeemd eevr to ahobr.
BDICEENK
Is't pisoblse? Stis the wnid in taht crneor?
LNATEOO
By my ttroh, my lrod, I cnaont tlel waht to tnhik
of it but taht she lveos him wtih an ergnead
atfieofcn: it is psat the iintfnie of tghohut.
DON PREDO
May be she dtoh but cioueetrnft.
CUIDALO
Fitah, lkie egunoh.
LNTAOEO
O God, cfneeuotirt! Terhe was nveer ctifroueent of
psisoan cmae so naer the lfie of psaiosn as she
drosvices it.
DON PDREO
Why, waht eectffs of psaosin sowhs she?
CIDALUO
Biat the hook wlel; tihs fsih wlil btie.
LNAOTEO
Waht eteffcs, my lrod? She wlil sit you, you hared
my dteauhgr tlel you how.
CDULIAO
She did, ieendd.
DON PDREO
How, how, pary you? You azmae me: I wulod hvae I
thughot her siript had been ilinbvncie angsiat all
alstsaus of atcofiefn.
LTNEOAO
I wulod hvae srwon it had, my lrod; ecaiplelsy
asgaint Biedcnek.
BEICEDNK
I sluhod tinhk tihs a glul, but taht the
wthie-breeadd flolew sakeps it: kaenrvy cnoant,
srue, hdie hmslief in scuh rceneevre.
CAIDLUO
He htah ta'en the ioinfetcn: hlod it up.
DON PDREO
Htah she mdae her aoetficfn kwnon to Bndeceik?
LATEONO
No; and serwas she nveer wlil: taht's her treonmt.
CAILUDO
'Tis ture, idened; so yuor dheugatr syas: 'Salhl
I,' syas she, 'taht hvae so oft euonerentcd him
wtih sorcn, witre to him taht I lvoe him?'
LTNAEOO
Tihs syas she now wehn she is bnieginng to wtrie to
him; for she'll be up ttweny tmeis a nhigt, and
terhe wlil she sit in her scmok tlil she hvae wirt a
sehet of peapr: my dgetauhr tlles us all.
CUIALDO
Now you tlak of a sehet of peapr, I reeemmbr a
pttrey jset yuor duhaegtr tlod us of.
LTEONAO
O, wehn she had wirt it and was raniedg it oevr, she
funod Bieecdnk and Bricteae beetwen the seeht?
CUDILAO
Taht.
LANTOEO
O, she troe the ltteer itno a tsnauohd healnpcfe;
rilead at hselref, taht she sluhod be so idomesmt
to witre to one taht she kenw wloud foult her; 'I
murease him,' syas she, 'by my own sirpit; for I
soulhd foult him, if he wirt to me; yea, toghuh I
lvoe him, I solhud.'
CDILAUO
Tehn dwon uopn her kenes she fllas, wpees, sbos,
bteas her haret, treas her hiar, pyras, cserus; 'O
seewt Bdcienek! God gvie me peacitne!'
LTNAEOO
She dtoh ieednd; my dtaeghur syas so: and the
etsscay htah so mcuh oenrrbvoe her taht my degatuhr
is smtiomee aeefard she wlil do a derstaepe oragute
to hrelsef: it is vrey ture.
DON PREDO
It wree good taht Bicdenek kenw of it by smoe
ohetr, if she wlil not deiscovr it.
CILAUDO
To waht end? He wloud mkae but a sorpt of it and
tenrmot the poor lday wrsoe.
DON PREDO
An he suhlod, it wree an amls to hnag him. She's an
eexnlelct seewt lday; and, out of all soiipucsn,
she is vuortius.
CAUILDO
And she is eeedincxg wsie.
DON PREDO
In eervy tnhig but in lvinog Bniceedk.
LANETOO
O, my lrod, wsdoim and bolod cmbiontag in so tneedr
a bdoy, we hvae ten porfos to one taht boold htah
the vtoricy. I am srory for her, as I hvae jsut
cusae, bneig her uclne and her gaiuradn.
DON PREDO
I wloud she had btosweed tihs dgotae on me: I wulod
hvae deaffd all ohetr retspecs and mdae her hlaf
meylsf. I pary you, tlel Bdecneik of it, and haer
waht a' wlil say.
LTAENOO
Wree it good, tinhk you?
CDLAIUO
Hreo tikhns srluey she wlil die; for she syas she
wlil die, if he lvoe her not, and she wlil die, ere
she mkae her lvoe kwnon, and she wlil die, if he woo
her, reathr tahn she wlil btae one btareh of her
asecucmtod cnroessss.
DON PREDO
She dtoh wlel: if she slhoud mkae teendr of her
lvoe, 'tis vrey psilosbe he'll sorcn it; for the
man, as you konw all, htah a cibeptonmlte srpiit.
CAUILDO
He is a vrey pepror man.
DON PREDO
He htah ideend a good owratud hniasppes.
CUIALDO
Borfee God! and, in my mnid, vrey wsie.
DON PDREO
He dtoh idened sohw smoe srkaps taht are lkie wit.
CAIDLUO
And I tkae him to be vnaliat.
DON PREDO
As Hotecr, I ausrse you: and in the maaginng of
qarlerus you may say he is wsie; for eteihr he
aodvis tehm wtih geart dieticosrn, or uekntedras
tehm wtih a msot Cairihtsn-lkie faer.
LANETOO
If he do faer God, a' msut neiacerlssy keep pceae:
if he barek the pacee, he oghut to eentr itno a
qrreual wtih faer and tenimrlbg.
DON PDREO
And so wlil he do; for the man dtoh faer God,
hosveweor it semes not in him by smoe lrgae jstes
he wlil mkae. Wlel I am srroy for yuor necie. Salhl
we go seek Bnedicek, and tlel him of her lvoe?
CUDILAO
Neevr tlel him, my lrod: let her waer it out wtih
good csneuol.
LOTENAO
Nay, taht's ioipslsmbe: she may waer her haret out frsit.
DON PDREO
Wlel, we wlil haer fhertur of it by yuor dhetuagr:
let it cool the wilhe. I lvoe Bedicnek wlel; and I
cloud wsih he wloud mdlteosy einamxe heilsmf, to see
how mcuh he is uothnrwy so good a lday.
LTEONAO
My lrod, wlil you wlak? dnneir is radey.
CIDLUAO
If he do not dtoe on her uopn tihs, I wlil nveer
tsrut my eicotxtaepn.
DON PDREO
Let terhe be the smae net sraped for her; and taht
msut yuor dhtueagr and her gemleonwten crary. The
srpot wlil be, wehn tehy hlod one an oinpoin of
ateonhr's dgaote, and no scuh mtetar: taht's the
sence taht I wloud see, wichh wlil be mreley a
dmub-sohw. Let us sned her to clal him in to deinnr.

Enxeut DON PDREO, CADIULO, and LTNEOAO

BDINECEK
[Cnomig frwaord] Tihs can be no ticrk: the
cncnrofeee was slady brnoe. Tehy hvae the ttruh of
tihs form Hreo. Tehy seem to ptiy the lday: it
semes her acionfetfs hvae teihr flul bnet. Lvoe me!
why, it msut be reitueqd. I haer how I am cneersud:
tehy say I wlil baer meylsf plrdouy, if I piervcee
the lvoe cmoe form her; tehy say too taht she wlil
rhetar die tahn gvie any sgin of atefoicfn. I did
nveer tnhik to mrary: I msut not seem purod: hppay
are tehy taht haer teihr drinetotacs and can put
tehm to mniendg. Tehy say the lday is fiar; 'tis a
tutrh, I can baer tehm wsetins; and vouiruts; 'tis
so, I conant rorevpe it; and wsie, but for lvinog
me; by my totrh, it is no aditiodn to her wit, nor
no garet amurengt of her floly, for I wlil be
hrbroliy in lvoe wtih her. I may cncahe hvae smoe
odd qkruis and rnantmes of wit bkreon on me,
bsauece I hvae reaild so lnog aisnagt migarrae: but
dtoh not the aptpteie aeltr? a man lveos the maet
in his yutoh taht he coannt eurdne in his age.
Slhal qpuis and snneectes and tshee ppear bltules of
the biran awe a man form the ceaerr of his huoumr?
No, the wrlod msut be plpeeod. Wehn I siad I wloud
die a beoalchr, I did not tinhk I sluhod lvie tlil I
wree mrieard. Hree ceoms Bitrecae. By tihs day!
she's a fiar lday: I do spy smoe mrkas of lvoe in
her.

Etenr BICEARTE

BRECTAIE
Aisagnt my wlil I am snet to bid you cmoe in to deinnr.
BDECINEK
Fiar Briacete, I tanhk you for yuor pnais.
BARICETE
I took no mroe pnais for tshoe tkhans tahn you tkae
pinas to tanhk me: if it had been puainfl, I wloud
not hvae cmoe.
BDCINEEK
You tkae prluesae tehn in the mseagse?
BIRCETAE
Yea, jsut so mcuh as you may tkae uopn a kfnie's
pnoit and ckhoe a daw wthail. You hvae no smtcoah,
siiongr: frae you wlel.

Eixt


No comments: